Preparing your home for the property market can be as rewarding as it can be inevitably challenging, and whether you are intending on placing your property on the market for the first time later on in the year or else would prefer a more imminent sale, you have come to the right place.
Here are the top three ways to prepare your property for the housing market.
1. Declutter Every Room
Before you can even think about booking the services of a real estate agent to value your property, you first need to go through every single room of your home and declutter.
Decluttering does not mean simply shoving piles of belongings that you have never sorted through into the nearest cupboard but actively deciding what you want to keep and what you would prefer to donate, throw away, or repurpose.
There are some excellent guidelines for a successful declutter of your home, including but not limited to the following:
- Store nostalgic photographs on your computer’s hard drive instead of keeping physical copies
- If you have not worn an item of clothing in the last year, then it is time to gift it to charity
- Gift any duplicate items you may have
- Never keep any items that you would never in a million years buy now
2. Hire a Landscape Gardener
Obviously, when potential buyers of your property come to your house for an official viewing, it will not just be the interior of your home that they will be interested in; for some people, the outside is actually more important.
The best way to ensure your garden and outdoor spaces, both at the front and rear of your property, are looking their proverbial best is to hire the services of a professional and reputable local landscape gardener.
There are a wide plethora of advantages to asking for a professional landscape gardener to assist with the modernizing of your garden, even if you are not intending on selling your property for some time, including:
- A way to easily and effortlessly bond with nature when you spend time in your garden
- A way to balance the natural world with a modern and more artificial home
- The provision of what is essentially an outdoor space for hosting parties and events
- A way to utilize previously unused areas of the garden
3. Upgrade & Mend Your Roof
Even if you have had a full roofing survey conducted in the last few years, it would still be an excellent idea, when preparing your home for the property market, to upgrade your roofing materials, check if the insulation is sufficient, and mend any small leaks or other issues.
A great idea, having made the incredibly wise decision to update your property and indeed any outhouses, in terms of the quality of the roofing materials, is to invest in the services of metal roofers, which will also provide an extra level of security to the property.