5 Softwares Every Music Lover Needs
1) A media player Music lovers need a media player. Your average user probably has iTunes or Windows Media Player installed already. But if you want something more powerful music, then check out one of these: Winamp, VLC, and Songbird. These free media players have their strengths and weaknesses, so choose one that suits you best.
2) Audio editing software Some people need something more powerful than your average audio player to edit music, however.
3) A song organizing application If keeping track of all your favorite songs is hard for you, get an application like daisie for it! Two good ones are beets, MusicBrainz Picard. They are both great tools but have very different interfaces so give them both a try before deciding on which one is better for you.
4) A playlist organizer If you are that kind of person who is always listening to the same song, again and again, you might want to keep some kind of list of those. Two popular applications for this include Miro Guide, Rapid Plan.
5) A tagger A tagger for those tracks that do not have any tags on them or just need a better organizing technique check out either: mp3tag, tautog, TagScanner.
6) VPN Virtual Private Networks are great for many reasons, but one of the best uses is to help you stream blocked content. Using Unblock-Us is best, but many other VPNs will do the trick. Virtual Private Networks are an excellent way to keep your browsing data private. They create a secure channel over an insecure network, protecting your important data from cybercriminals but you can find the best VPNs for your personal use at vpntesting.com.
7) Google Music Manager Recently Google released a new app called “Google Music Manager”. It allows you to upload your entire music library to an online storage space which you can access through the app. By connecting it with your account you can stream all of those songs from anywhere as long as they are connected to the internet. If you use the free pricing line for Google Drive, this will also give you an additional 15 GB of storage space.
8) Streaming TV/Movie services Netflix and Hulu let you watch movies and TV shows as long as there is an internet connection. These both require subscriptions that vary in price depending on what package and content limitations suit your needs best.
Bonus: Music Discovery! This one is pretty obvious, but there are many different ways to discover new music. Here are three great methods: Spotify, Pandora, LastFM. It was tested that all of them are preferred equally after using, but if you want something nice and easy, try Spotify!