Disposable nitrile gloves are made up of synthetic rubber which provides abrasion resistance. Being thin and disposable, these gloves are an excellent option for general duty. These gloves have the property to hold on vegetable oils, mineral oils, diesel fuel, gasoline and many of the acids. Disposable nitrile gloves are free from latex and hence are ideal for the people who are sensitive to latex.
Usage of nitrile gloves
These gloves are used on broad spectrum. Due to the superior performance, these gloves are used in industries for multiple purposes. These gloves are a good alternative to latex gloves in a series of professions. Some of the most common industries which get optimum benefit from nitrile gloves include: engineering, food processing, chemical manufacturing, dentistry and hygiene, aerospace, electronics and many others.
Disposable nitrile gloves are commonly used in laboratories to handle chemicals. However, these gloves provide limited barrier and are therefore used in the situation where brief contact with chemicals is required. Also, these gloves must be removed and discarded immediately after their usage.
Here are the three points on which nitrile gloves must be evaluated:
- Users must check the physical changes occurring in the material of gloves. One must check whether the material used is swelling, shrinking and cracking or not when it comes in contact with chemical.
- Users should check the breakthrough time which tells how long a person takes to detect a substance when outer side comes in contact with a chemical.
- The permeation rate which tells about the rate at which substance passes through glove. Users can check the absorption on the surface, desorption inside the surface and diffusion through the material.
Features of nitrile gloves
- Easy to wear, comfortable style to make wearing easy. They are easy to carry and handle
- Wearing style which is linked to blood circulation
- High chemical resistance which provides excellent protection against chemicals
- It prevents certain pH
- It contains no harmful substances like proteins and amino acids
- There is very little allergy linked with these gloves
- These gloves are a good option for electronic industry production needs.
- There is a very little chance for the residues to be on their surface.
- These gloves are puncture resistant and hold anti-friction properties.
- These gloves are available in small, medium, large and extra-large sizes.
- These gloves are free from powder