As dull it might seem to teenagers and adults, going back to school after a long summer break is just as exciting for kids. Spending a whole week choosing the most trendy school supplies and essentials is an incomparable excitement. One of the necessary, constant and status symbols good in a student’s life is a kids school bag. School Bags have now become an extremely profitable industry. Kids school bags are now available in different shapes, sizes, colours and materials. This wide range of backpacks makes it extremely difficult for young kids to choose the perfect bag for their day to day needs.
The Australian backpack market sells some of the most trendy school bags.
Types of school bags:
When the back to school season arrives, choosing the right backpack becomes challenging. Some of the most commonly used ones by students are:
The Utilitarian backpack is the staple school bag carried by a majority of the students. It is ideal for daily use as it has multiple compartments and plenty of space for books and stationery. They are available in various materials and colours and come with adjustable straps making them quite durable and convenient.
The messenger bag is a one-shoulder bag perfect for students on the go as it is compact and less bulky. It provides easy access to contents inside the bag. It is consummate for days that require less stationary or books.
This bag perfectly fits modern students. It is a perfect pick for athletic students who need to carry a change of clothes or sports equipment regularly. Although it does not have a compartment, it has enough space to fit all the essential items a student needs in a day.
These bags are perfect for students who have to carry plenty of books and items to school regularly. It has both wheels and hidden straps making it exceptionally convenient and durable. Students can either use it like a roller bag or a regular backpack based on the school day.
Though these are not typical school bags, these can be used on days students need to carry fewer books; for example, these can be used during the exam season or school trips. These are highly convenient and lightweight.
Amidst the wide range of bags available, it might be extremely confusing to choose the right one. Nevertheless, if you are aware of your requirements, choosing the bag that best suits your needs is a piece of cake.
- Make a list of requirements – Do you need to carry heavy books regularly? Do you have lockers in school? Do you require a lot of space to carry items other than your books? Asking these questions might make the selection process faster and easier.
- Decide the Colour and design – Designer bags may seem extremely attractive. However, one must keep in mind whether they’ll fit their requirements. It is always best to buy neutral colour bags with minimal design as it is more durable and is ideal for day to day use.
- Decide the material – This is the most significant factor to consider while selecting a bag for regular use. If you plan to use the bag for an entire academic year or longer, you must ensure that the material can withstand all seasonal changes. It is always recommended to buy a waterproof bag.
- Check the support provided – Kids are prone to injuries. Heavy, bulky bags may affect them in the long run. Therefore, always choose a bag with enough support so that the weight is distributed evenly.
- Examine the number of compartments provided – A kids school bag must always have a minimum of 3-4 sections, regardless of the purpose. Kids need to carry a lot of stationery, items for extracurricular activities, tiffin and water bottle. Storing them in different compartments makes the bag more organised and prevents leakage damage to books and important belongings.
- Try the fit – Always examine and test the bag before purchasing. Make sure it fits properly and is comfortable for regular use.