Over the years, eSports has gained a lot of popularity among players and fans due to many reasons:
- Competitive scene: eSports matches have a fast-paced nature, where events develop with rapid development. Players love it because it is very intense and entertaining to watch.
- Huge prizes: there are a lot of tournaments held annually with great accumulated prizes generated and spread among the winners.
- Easy to enter: eSports tournaments have no hidden costs, which has made them accessible to players all over the world.
- Great betting diversity: bookmakers offer players a great number of eSports events and betting options available, giving punters more freedom in choosing different betting strategies.
Speaking of betting strategies, below we present a set of rules that will guide you on how to wager on the most famous eSports games like Dota 2, CS:GO, and League of Legends. So, let us take a look at them in more detail.
Designed by Valve, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was released in 2012, and this new video game quickly achieved great success. It offers a great number of prestigious tournaments all over the world. You probably know the largest CS:GO championships, so-called the Majors. Besides it, there are other very popular leagues like ESL Pro and Blast Premier, to name but a few. By following https://csgobettingz.com/, you can familiarize yourself with the dates of the available CS:GO events that are held regularly.
Betting Strategy in CS:GO
To choose a suitable betting strategy, you need to do as follows:
- Understand that CS:GO competitions are divided into several categories:
- High-level events: if you look for top championships with great prizes, bet on the victory of a clear leader with a progressive increase of your bank. In this case, the favorite teams are well-motivated to win the tournament and give their best to defeat the opponents.
- Low-level events: if you prefer little-known competitions with small incentive prizes, bet on the loss of an overrated team. In this case, the risk of fixed matches is reduced since upsets often occur in less prestigious events where underdogs can easily beat favorites.
- Know what payout you can get on a bet:
- Low odds: moneyline price for favorites is low. Thus, «betting to win» is a smart idea when it comes to betting on clear leaders since your potential payout will not depend on the odds. For example, you want to wager $100 on the Natus Vincere to win. NAVI is a -250 favorite on the ML. Based on this price, you should stake $250 in order to win $100.
- High odds: moneyline price for underdogs is high. Thus,«betting to risk» can increase your underdog payout drastically. For example, you wager to risk $100 on the BOOM Esports. The latter is a +250 underdog. Based on this price, you will get a $250 profit if the BOOM wins.
Dota 2 is one of the most popular MOBA games designed by Valve. It was presented for the first time in July 2013 and already had more than three million active players at the time. Dota 2 is a mix of a real-time and role-playing game that requires a precise and correct strategy.
Betting Strategy in Dota 2
When it comes to predictions in Dota 2 games, it should be noted that it is the most complex game among other eSports disciplines. Based on some calculations, there are no risk-free bets here, so it is worth playing with outsiders. Below, you can find more specific tips on how to wager on Dota 2 matches:
- Understand the game: pay close attention to the format of the game, watch as many Dota 2 matches as you can, try to identify the team’s style of play, know about its competitions, tournaments, and teams involved.
- Examine Dota 2 teams and players: take the Dota 2 strategies of the players to see how they play and what they want to do first. For example, if a team seeks a way to attack the enemy immediately, you can focus on wagers in the First Blood betting markets.
- Consider a hero selection phase: know the different heroes available in the game and which are likely to be chosen by the best players on each team.
- Inquire about the different rankings of teams: remember that the outcome of a match mainly depends on the skills and the level of play of the team and players. It is a good idea to analyze and compare the top teams that almost never lose.
Launched in 2009, League of Legends is the most prominent player-player online battle arena game. It was developed by Riot Games and had its origin in the Defender of the Ancients map of Warcraft III. In LoL, each player develops different skills in the game, which will affect the result. As for betting, there are many strategies and styles of play to choose from.
Betting Strategy in LoL
In this strategy game there are several game modes that you can play with. Each of them has its own characteristics and advantages. When planning bets, you have to:
- Know the modes of play: remember that there are three different maps or Fields of Justice. Take into account all the differences between them and evaluate the performance of each team on that map.
- Consider the importance of champions: learn to distinguish the available characters in the game (134 figures) and understand how they influence the final result of a game.
- Look at the format of the tournament: know about the different champions of LoL. The games are normally played at the Best of 3 or 5, according to the rules of the event.
A Final Word
There are a lot of other games and strategies in the world of eSports. However, the truth is that only knowledge is not enough for making successful predictions. People say that practice makes perfect. But we say that practice makes better, developing you as a bettor significantly.