Solar Panels are becoming an increasingly popular source of alternate energy. Low installation and operation costs, fuelled by fierce competition and reduced solar panel prices, are helping to propel solar power’s growth and popularity. Solar energy can be used for both grid-connected and off-grid power generation. Solar energy is preferred because it is available in abundance throughout the day. It has a low operating cost; in addition to this, the conversion equipment (solar panel) has a longer life and requires minimal maintenance.
There are various solar panels available in the market, and solar panel price varies from model to model. However, certain factors need to be considered before you explore solar panel prices and make your choice. Let’s have a look at some of them.
1. Choose the Right Type of Solar Panel
There are mainly two types of solar panels, and both have different solar panel prices.
- Polycrystalline Panels-Solar cells of these panels are a slice cut from a silicon block, consisting of several crystals. They have a speckled reflective appearance. The cells are less expensive to produce and more suited for Indian weather conditions.
- Monocrystalline PERC Panel –Solar cells of these panels are a slice cut from a single crystal of silicon. These panels have a smooth texture, and the thickness of the slice is visible. Their solar cells come with an additional back layer film that helps them absorb scattered or reflected sunlight, resulting in greater power generation.
2. Calculate Your Energy Usage
It’s critical to figure out how much energy you want your solar power system to produce. You can make an informed decision by considering how many solar panels need to be installed and how much energy can be produced by understanding the average amount of energy your house consumes. This will also help you calculate the collective solar panel price that you should be willing to invest in.
3. Check the Incentives Given by The Government
You may get subsidies from the Central Government and State Nodal Agencies (SNAs) for installing rooftop solar panel systems. This is a means to encourages people to use green energy and reduce their electricity consumption. Compared to electric generators, the upfront cost of installing a rooftop solar panel system is more, but it is inexpensive in the long run. To help reduce the burden of solar panel prices and encourage people for installing rooftop solar panels, the central government has a policy of paying upto 30% of the benchmarked installation rate. This subsidy is only available to states in the general group. However, in some states that fall under the special category, a subsidy of up to 70% of the benchmarked installation cost are available.
4. Choose A Reliable Installer
Lastly, it is important to choose the best installer to offer you a reasonable solar panel price. The installer should be able to suggest the correct location for your solar panels, advise you on the perfect technology and help you with other details too.
A recent drop in solar panel prices has attracted an increasing number of people. Individuals consider solar energy to be a cost-effective and dependable source of energy. However, it is important to choose the right manufacturer as it can make or break the situation. Reputed brands like Luminous provide both the Polycrystalline and Mono Perc panels and assures longer warranty periods. Without further ado, visit their website and explore more.