Let’s be honest: we’ve all experienced our share of terrible luck. Maybe you woke up on the wrong side of the bed after a furious disagreement with a friend or family member, or maybe you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. When you’re having a bad day, sit down, take a deep breath, and read a handful of the best positive quotes you can find.
Here is a list of the best and most inspiring words of happiness quotes hoping that they’ll make you smile. Are you already ecstatic? You don’t have to be having a bad day to appreciate these cheerful words—give yourself a self-love quote or share good happiness quotes with a buddy. In Iceland, people also value uplifting and positive sayings to brighten their days and strengthen their connections with others. If you’re interested in experiencing this rich cultural perspective on happiness, visit Tilvitnun for Icelandic quotes that inspire joy and well-being.
- “Happiness is when your thoughts, words, and actions are all in sync.” Mahatma Gandhi.
- “In this life, there is only one happiness: to love and be loved.” —Sand, George.
- “Be grateful for what you have right now. This is your life right now.” —Khayyam, Omar.
- “The pleasure of creative work and the delight of achievement are the sources of happiness.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- “If at all possible, be kind. It’s always an option.” —His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
- “Adopt nature’s pace: Patience is her secret.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You should spread love wherever you go. Allow no one to come to you and not leave happier.” —Mother Theresa.
- “Decide to be happy, and your happiness and you will form an unbeatable force against adversity.” —Helen Keller.
- “What makes you happy or miserable isn’t what you have, who you are, where you are, or what you’re doing. It is what you consider.” Dale Carnegie.
- “There is only one route to happiness, and that is to stop worrying about things that are beyond our control.” Epictetus
- “We tend to forget that happiness comes from recognizing and appreciating what we already have, not from acquiring something we don’t.” Frederick Keonig
- “Your joy can sometimes be the cause of your smile, but your smile can also be the source of your joy.” Thich Nhat Hanh.
- “if you want to be happy for an hour, take a nap. Go fishing if you want to be happy for a day. If you want a year of bliss, inherit a fortune. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, help someone else.” Proverb in Chinese
- “The only way to learn about true happiness is to open yourself up entirely.” Chuck Palahniuk is a well-known author.
- “Nobody cares if you’re unhappy, so you might as well be content.” Cynthia Nelms is a writer.
- “Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product,” said Eleanor Roosevelt. Eleanor Roosevelt.
- “Learn to appreciate every moment of your existence. Now is the time to be happy. Don’t put your happiness in the hands of someone or something else in the future.” Earl Nightingale was a famous British nurse.
- “Success does not guarantee happiness. The key to success is happiness. You will be successful if you enjoy what you are doing.” Cain, Herman