Class 10 Science includes physics, biology, and chemistry. Many complex topics have been included in the Class 10 science syllabus. Big words and concepts might terrorize your mind but breaking down each concept and then studying can make all the difference. But how to make your class 10 science exam preparation smooth and easy to score high grades? We are going to unravel the things that you must remember before your class 10 science exam.
- NCERT As Your Focal Point: NCERT books are prescribed by the CBSE board which conducts the Class 10 CBSE board exam. NCERT books are strictly based on the syllabus that has been provided by CBSE. All these points show how crucial NCERT is for class 10 science exam preparation. You should always begin your class 10 science exam preparation by studying the NCERT Class 10 science book and only then studying other prescribed textbooks. So, learn all the definitions, practice all the diagrams and questions that are present in the NCERT Class 10 Science textbook. By doing this, you will be able to develop strong conceptual understandings.
- Devise Your Study Plan: Devising a study plan is the first thing that you should do before initiating your class 10 science exam. Try charting out a timetable that equally distributes the time amongst all the subjects. You cannot keep studying science only as it will affect your performance in other subjects as well. Include breaks in between so that you do not exhaust yourself from studying because if you are exhausted, you will not be able to retain the information that you are learning. Make sure that you study at least 8 hours daily on your study leave.
- Pay Attention To The Marking Scheme: From the Class 10 science syllabus to the Class 10 science marking scheme, you can have access to all important resources related to the examination these days. When you go through the detailed marking scheme for the class 10 science board exam paper, you will find that the marks are unequally distributed among the five units in the NCERT science textbook. The first unit carries 25 marks, the second unit carries 23 marks, the third unit carries 12 marks, the fourth unit carries 13 marks, and the fifth unit carries 7 marks. If you are smart, you will start your science board exam preparation with the first two units. You need to cover the most scoring units first and only then move to other units carrying small but important marks.
- Wisely Use Reference Books: There are thousands of reference books that are available today in the market for class 10 science but that does not mean you will sit down with as many reference books as possible. You need to do away with the myth that the greater number of reference books you study from, the more marks you will score in science. You will only waste the time you have and confuse yourself even more because every book will have different answers. Stick to prescribed textbooks only. If you want to strategically use references, start with the NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science. The NCERT Class 10 Science Solutions PDF will not only help you in finding all your answers to the NCERT chapter exercises, but it will also give you many additional questions based on the syllabus and exam pattern followed in the CBSE board examination.
- Make Good Notes: It is often said that you hardly forget things that you write. It is very true. You should always go for handwritten notes when you are preparing for the class 10 science examination. When you finish a chapter in class 10 science, sit down with a notebook and make section-wise notes. Make pointers. Use keywords. Underline important points in definitions. Keep one finger distance between each word and try to write as clean as possible. Do not copy everything. Jot down only those points that are important. Use flow charts, arrows, and connectors to connect one point/process to another.
- Address Weak Parts On Priority: Science is not a plain and simple subject. It has complicated processes and concepts. In that light, it is commonplace to see students struggling with some topic. But the key lies in how you deal with your difficulties. You should mark all those topics that you consider difficult. Go to your teacher and try asking what particular concepts are bewildering for you. If you still have not been able to understand, refer to NCERT class 10 science solutions for more simplified explanations. Even right before your examination, you should revise all your weaknesses first. You have to make sure that you have got your grip over them.
- Numerical, Diagrams, Formulas, and Definitions: Numerical problems in Physics must not be merely read. You need to properly practice them out in your notebook. Mention the formulas that you are using. Go step by step. In chemistry, you will come across chemical equations – you need to practice balancing them in the notebook. Here also go step by step. Write full names of chemical substances with their formulas. There are multiple diagrams throughout the book, practice each diagram. You do not have to go for an aesthetically pleasing drawing. Just a simple but clear diagram would do. Learn the labels in the drawing. In biology, when you are labelling different parts, learn what is the significance of each part, what are its functions etc.
- Internal Assessment: According to the CBSE Class 10 examination pattern, the full science paper is divided into two parts – theory paper and practical or internal assessments. Theory paper carries 80 marks and your internal assessment will carry 20 marks. You can smoothly have those 20 marks if you pay enough attention to your practical classes and tests. You need to keep updating your experiments regularly. Maintain your practical notebooks – keep them neat and clean and keep dating every experiment as you will be scored on these experiments that you maintain.
- Constant Revision: Constant revisions can significantly improve your score in class 10 science examinations. You can use your notebook where you have written all important points chapter-wise – this will save your time. Revise numerical, diagrams, and definitions. If you keep a habit of regular revisions over weekends or after completing every chapter, you will not have to spend all your time reviewing everything before the day of the examination.
These nine easy but crucial steps will help you secure maximum marks in your class 10 science examinations. Get punctual with your studies and adopt the above tips to upgrade your performance.