There are some situational questions in the PMP exam having fixed answers. Make a summary of them, you can immediately find the correct answers in the real exam.
- Alter sequence.
- Situational questions of risk: To judge it is risk identification or risk happening. If it is the former, follow the risk management procedure. If it is the latter, emergency measures or workarounds should be taken. Pay attention to submitting a change request.
- The integration of the change and risk.
- Situational questions of progress. To judge if it is the insufficiency of time or resources. If the time is inadequate, there are three options. Generally, schedule compression is chosen. If the resources are not enough, there are two options, the critical chain method and resource balance.
- Communication problem. This is one of the most common situational questions in the PMI PMP test. There are three correct options. First, Communication management plan. Second, communication plan. Third, analysis of communication needs. (Only one answer will appear in the PMP questions. These three are equally important.)
- Stakeholder questions. This is also a common question type. There are four correct answers. First, stakeholders participate in the plan. Second, manage the participation of stakeholders. Third, to make stakeholders participate as early as possible. Fourth, identify stakeholders. (The same as the former question type, the four answers are all important but only one of them will appear in the PMP test.)
- Disagreement with suppliers. First, negotiation. Second, ADR. Third, litigation. These three answers should be chosen in sequence. Negotiation first, then ADR and litigation.
- To choose the answer with larger scope or a small one? It depends on whether the question is detailed or not. For instance, 1. What should a project manager do if the project schedule is delayed? If there are schedule compression and crashing in the answers. Choose schedule compression. 2. The project schedule is delayed and the project manager adds resources to catch up with progress. Does this action belongs to? This time, choose to crash.
- PMP test questions problems, particularly the problems of quality, risk, schedule, disagreement, and resources. Do not bother the initiator. For instance, when something goes wrong with a project, and the answers are related to “report to the initiator” or “contact the initiator. Almost none of these answers should be chosen. Besides, if there is no solution, do not report to the initiator, neither.
- Disagreement problem. The question asks you how to prevent a disagreement from happening. Choose the answer of rules and teams construction. If the question asks you how to cope with it if it has happened. Choose the answer of disagreement solving strategies.
- To choose answers according to specific words of questions. First, pay attention to what does the question asks about, tools, processes, or profiles? Second, if the question asks about processes, check which one it asks, initial, plan, execution, or monitor? Is it quality management or quality control? Is it stakeholders identification or stakeholders management plan? The answer you choose cannot be contradictory to the question.
- Four tools of statistical method or statistical analysis. First, questionnaire. Second, parametric evaluation. Third, experiment design. Fourth, sensitivity analysis.
- The correct answer is related to ranking. 1. Qualitative risk analysis 2. Pareto 3. Nominal group technology 4. Priority matrix.
- Disagreement among stakeholders. Correct answers include 1. Guided seminar. 2. To have a meeting with stakeholders to unify opinions.
- Earned value calculations. There are simple routines for this type of question. Firstly, write 3 variables, and then set one or two formulas.
Visit the SPOTO site to learn more tips on PMP exam.